You are bidding on a 1960 Morris Minor Traveler that has been highly modified. We refer to it as “DatMo” (Datsun Morris).The traveler is registered as a 1960 Morris Minor. We used an entire 1978 Datsun B-210, front to back and everything in between including the entire chassis, floor, firewall, wiring, steering, suspension, brakes, engine, 5 speed transmission and rear end was installed under the remaining skin of the Morris body. We shorten the floor and frame rails 5 inches near the back seat area of the Datsun to agree with the stock Morris wheelbase. There is about 70% of the Datsun firewall remaining that is welded to about 30% of the Morris firewall. The seams line up very nicely. The Morris rear inner fenders were welded to the Datsun floor, and everything else in between was fabricated, form and welded up. The front passenger compartment did not have to be modified so the floor, seats, wheel pedals, column and drive position are just as Japan engineered it on the B210. It is a very nice driving little creation.
The shock towers were modified to fit under the Morris hood. The original Datsun struts were replaced with a front suspension with aftermarket adjustable struts and springs. It has power disc brakes up front, drums in the rear. New brakes all the way around the car, new calipers, new tires, and new shocks. There is a brand new custom aluminum radiator, temp controlled electric fan, new custom drive shaft with new u joints, and a battery mounted in the rear of the car along with new heavy duty battery cables. It has aftermarket LED tail lights that are very bright, working turn signals and dome lights. The car is wired for a horn, it just need to be installed. The car has a rebuilt carburetor, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and a new water pump. The car a custom built exhaust with small glass packs. The car was going to be used a tow car behind a motor home so it is pre wired for round 4 pin plug in. It has a new front windshield and rubber, new hood hinges, new chrome emblems on the hood and new hockey sticks around the grill, new turn signals front and rear, new fender welting on rear wings, and stock b210 premium mag wheels. The drive train on the car was in very good running condition therefore we decided to run it as it was, and not rebuild anything. The engine has been had a full tune up, the tranny was flushed and filled with new fluid as was the rear end. Mechanically the car is very sound and car cruise around town just fine or do 70mph all day long on the free way. The floors are also very solid and don't have rust since all of the floor is Datsun, not the Morris.
The wood is a brand new wood kit from England with several coats of high end finish. The interior sections of the wood area are stock Morris which were hand painted wood grain then clear coated. The interior is new and the paint is new. There is no back seat. The car has only been completed a few month ago and has been driven many trouble free miles, all of the bugs have been worked out. It doesn't run hot, or have any bad habits. It is a great driving little car that gets lots of attention. Fires right up everytime and goes down the road very nicely. Many hours working on this little creation. My son and I did all the work and some of the interior work. It is not show quality but very nice. I would not recommend this car if you have a wife and girl friend it does not blend in well…LOL..
No warranty, car is sold where is as is. Good luck bidding. Will help with transport but buyer responsibility to pay for shipping. I have included a few pictures
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||999999||Mileage:||88000|
|Number of Cylinders:||4||Make:||Morris|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Engine:||Datsun 1500|
|Vehicle Title:||Clear||Drive Type:||RWD|
|For Sale By:||Private Seller||Drive Side:||Left-hand drive|