For sale is a 1964 Mercury Montclair. Its a 4 door sedan with electric breezeway rear window. Only 15,520 made. Car runs and drives. Car has power assist steering, power brakes, 2 speed wipers and has one of the largest trunks out there. The car is not a Marauder even though it has the badge on it. The car as I understand was in a promo photo for when the 2003 Marauders were released for sale. This was a hobby car for me as I reconditioned or replaced many parts. The interior was reupholstered along with new carpeting. Many other parts were replaced and are to numerous to list. There is still plenty of work to do on the car and I believe it would look great if fully restored. Selling because I'm downsizing. The car is being sold as-is and has no warranty of any kind. There are no returns for any reason. I encourage potential buyers to hire an classic car inspection specialist so you know the exact condition of the vehicle. Any shipping is at buyers expense. Accepting Bank cashiers certifed check, Bank Wire Transfer, Paypal or cash only. A $500 USD non-refundable deposit is required. Full payment is required in 7 days with the car being picked up in 14 days. Please email me with questions or requests for more pictures. Please DON'T bid if you have no intention of paying. Please no international bidders. The car is listed on other sites and I reserve the right to end the auction early if it sells elsewhere.
Per several requests for more information. Below is a list of main items replaced or repaired.
Main restoration items / parts
1. Seats reupholstered by an upholstery shop, carpet replaced, soundproofing, new floor mats, black windlace replaced, firewall insulation, clock replaced, door gaskets. dome light (door cards were not replaced)
Headliner is Ok
2. Floors were repaired in 4 locations using sheet metal and rivets. Main issue was drivers side rear area. Very sturdy now.
3. installed new 3 row radiator, heater core, hoses, thermostat, water pump. Runs very cool
4. Milodan oil pan, pickup shaft, oil pump, oil pump shaft and gaskets. new hi volume oil filter bracket Valve cover gaskets
5. New timing chain set, timing cover with seal, crank snout, crank pulley
6. Rebuilt Autolite 2100 carb, fuel pump, SS gas lines, fuel pump gas line from fuel pump to tank was replaced and is regular steel.
7. New Cooper Cobra tires, front and rear brakes, front drums, rear brake lines, master cylinder, FR/Rear wheel cylinders, front wheel bearings and seals.
8. Cleaned and painted part of engine area, valve covers, air filter container.
9. Alternator rebuilt and has a new voltage regulator
10. Converted to Pertronix 1 ignition, Pertronix flame thrower coil, installed rebuilt distributor, 8mm Magnecor wires
11. New shocks and 5 leaf rear springs, power steering professionally rebuilt, new tie rod ends idler arm bushings and sway bar bushings.
12. All glass is OK
13. Has Mercury man spinner style hub caps (not shown in pictures)
14. All gauges, speedometer, lights, radio, and clock are good.
Many more items were replaced beyond this above list.
Some current needs are:
Needs lower control arm bushings replaced and then aligned -I'll include the bushings with the sale of the car
Will need rear drums turned or replaced.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||4W52H504097||Mileage:||66442|
|Number of Cylinders:||8||Make:||Mercury|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Drive Type:||RWD|
|Vehicle Title:||Clear||Fuel Type:||Gasoline|
|Exterior Color:||Black||For Sale By:||Private Seller|