Offered for an appreciating new owner with a low reserve is this original classic 1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle two-door!
Finished in tan over black vinyl with tan, this little 48 year-old BLUE LICENSE PLATE CALIFORNIA classic shows just over 10,000 miles on it's working five-digit odometer. [I am told it is just over 110,000 miles but cannot 100% verify the actual mileage]. This little VW sports a good running engine mated to the four speed manual transmission, original hubcaps, reclining seats AND it is being sold with THE ORIGINAL SMALL CALIFORNIA PINK SLIP TITLE!
Offered here with a lowered reserve, this is a fabulous find, for about the cost of the sales tax alone on a new, quickly-depreciating Beetle!
THE BODY AND TRIM
This exterior of this 1971 Beetle is is fair, mostly original condition with various nicks, scratches and faded areas. Structurally it looks to be very solid throughout! Also the tires have good tread but older and there is some funky trailer hitch wiring under the front bumper.
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this classic is pretty tattered with holes in the headliner, missing horn button and radio and assorted wear and tear.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1971 starts right up with good running engine, good shifting transmission with strong clutch and braking [I just had new brake lines installed and the pedal needs to be pumped a bit. The suspension seems quite solid as well with good steering. THE DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1971 Beetle is being sold with clear and clean California title. It is smog-exempt here in California due to the year [pre-1976]. I very much invite and welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person. NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements [buyer pays costs]. I recommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder please call 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in 2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due via CASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within 5 days of auction close thank you.
PLEASE NOTE: I also have a ONE-OWNER 1978 VW Beetle 4 speed convertible! Package deal on the pair!
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
|“1971 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE 4 SPEED! 1-OWNER ORIGINAL BLUE PLATE CALIFORNIA CLASSIC!” |
| Year: || 1971 || VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): || 1112887525 |
| Mileage: || 10373 || Number of Cylinders: || 4 |
| Make: || Volkswagen || Transmission: || 4 SPEED MANUAL |
| Model: || Beetle - Classic || Body Type: || COUPE |
| Trim: || BEETLE BUG || Warranty: || NONE |
| Engine: || FOUR CYLINDER || Vehicle Title: || Clear |
| Drive Type: || REAR WHEEL DRIVE || Fuel Type: || GASOLINE |
| For Sale By: || OWNER || Sub Model: || BUG |
| Disability Equipped: || NONE || Exterior Color: || TAN |
| Drive Side: || LEFT SIDE || Interior Color: || TAN AND BLACK |