Serious buyers only, thank you!
All of the following items are included in this sale:
1. 1972 Red VW Super Beetle - 1600 D/P engine with 4 speed transmission. Car runs but needs work. Chassis is bad but comes with fully restored powder coated chassis and donor car. Interior is good; black headliner, sport steering wheel, full Scat interior Kit (front seats (pair), rear seat cover, door panels, seat bracket [this kit sells for about $800 per an internet search]), stereo radio and speakers (have not turned it on but all the components are there), roof rack, tow bar, two original front seats (kept after Scat seats were put in vehicle). All glass is good, no cracks; the 1972 Super Beetle was the last Super Beetle built with the flat windshield, later models have the curved windshield which is not as desirable. There is some rust on the body, it is not bad but I bought the donor car because I was going to restore it back to mint condition.
2. Chassis - The chassis has been powder coated and is ready to be installed. I paid $2,000 for the chassis to have it powder coated with new floor pans. It is not on the car yet. You can view pictures of it in the photo album of the car.
3. 1972 Super Beetle donor body and rolling chassis - I paid $2,500 for the donor car that you can view in the photo album of the car (it is a grey color due to the primer). The donor car was purchased from a person who had already prepped it for paint. There is no rust or dents. It is in excellent condition. It is on a rolling chassis (I ended up using another chassis for the powder coating and floor pans since it was readily available from my vintage VW body shop).
4. Roof rack - Nice to have if you are going on a trip.
5. Tow bar - Excellent to have because you can tow the car.
6. Original front black vinyl seats - These came with the car but were replaced with the Scat seats because they are much more comfortable. The original front seats are in excellent condition, no tears or wear.
The Car - The Story
I actually had this car restored to mint condition in 1999. All original parts. I sold it in 2001. I missed it so much that I tracked it down in 2015 and found it in Louisville, KY. I live in Indianapolis, IN which is where the car is now. I paid $9,000 to get my beetle back. I drove it home in 2015 to began the restoration process. It had not been treated well during its absence and I was saddened to see that the chassis and floor pans needed replacement. I have a great vintage VW shop in Indianapolis, where the car is now, that completed the chassis and found the donor car. My plan was to restore it to mint condition which is why I bought the donor car.
My dog is undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma so it's time to sell the beetle. If you are interested in the car it would be best if you saw it first. It will be a project for someone if he/she really wants to build a solid little car. But I really do not want to sell it site unseen. You really need to see it to make sure it is the right project for you. So if you are in the area of Indianapolis, it is worth the drive before the auction ends. Thanks!
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||1122872501||Mileage:||58213|
|Number of Cylinders:||4||Make:||Volkswagen|
|Transmission:||4 speed transmission||Model:||Beetle - Classic|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Engine:||1600 D/P engine|
|Vehicle Title:||Clear||Drive Type:||RWD|
|Fuel Type:||Gasoline||For Sale By:||Private Seller|
|Sub Model:||Super Beetle||Disability Equipped:||No|
|Exterior Color:||Red||Drive Side:||Left-hand drive|