This car has a rebuilt engine and runs and drives great. Its strength is it mechanicals, and the interior is pretty good, a very nice dash, but it has body areas that are in poor shape so if you want something to just drive and enjoy, or like to do small body repairs on your own, then this might be the car for you. NO RESERVE, first bid wins it.
We bought this little roadster on ebay hoping not to do paintwork and it turned out to be not exactly what we wanted, the body was worse than we wanted and needs work to be a top tier car. Before we put the time and money into turning it into what we were looking for, we are putting it up here first at a loss incase this fits the bill for someone else. Maybe this is a lucky break for someone who has been looking for one but had not been able to find one they could afford. As always, trade offers of all kinds are welcome
We have more photos, including when the engine was rebuilt, and up close photos of problems areas. Please contact us for more photos.
Year: 1973 Make: MG Model: MGB Exterior Color: Red Interior Color: Black Mileage: 40,000 Engine: 1800 4 cylinder Transmission: 4 Speed manual
Up for auction is a great driving 1973 MG MGB Convertible Roadster. Its a cute little car with decent interior and solid mechanicals, but has cosmetic bumps and bruises. It does have the earlier bumpers and trim which are more desirable. It also comes with the original jack and a car cover.
- as far as the mechanicals go, the car is in great shape. The engine was rebuilt by a previous owner and it feels like it. Drives nice and easy, shifts easy and is a fun to blast around in. Great oil pressure, doesnt overheat, everything seems to be working just fine. I am driving it now and its fun to drive and doesnt give me any concerns.
- here is another place where the car is maybe above average. The dash is near perfect, no splits or cracks that I saw. Everything seems to work, all of the gauges are good and everything looks nice. Console is OK too. There are rubber floor mats in the front, but another pair of black with red trim upholstered mats in the trunk. There was also another set of kick panels in the trunk too. The convertible top is not on the frame but is in the trunk. Our upholstery guy said it takes 10 minutes to install but I havent tried. It looks OK, but the plastic windows are a little yellow.
- This is where the car has trouble. There is a small crack on the hood right at the front, and some rust bubbles I can see on the front left corner of the hood. The paint is OK but faded and not great. It really could use a repaint or a HEAVY polishing and work with a touch-up brush. The driver front fender has rust bubbles behind the wheel and the passenger rocker panel looks like someone went over a curb or something because it is slightly bowed. Quite a few paint chips and such all over. Nothing big, but you can see there are little chips and such on almost every panel. The worst issue is the drivers floor. Where your feet go has rusted, not completely but pretty good. Someone made a pretty nice metal patch that fits really well but they didnt cut the old floor out and instead just put this heavy steel panel on top of the rusty floor and then put the rubber floor mats back in. Doesnt cause an issue to drive or anything at all.
You'll be getting from us a bill of sale and the title straight from the last owner.
Here is the description from the previous seller:
3rd owner, previous owner was a mechanic who rebuilt motor with crane cam, oversized pistons ( see pics). Runs great. One repaint.
The Good: Rebuilt motor, shifts smooth, no grinding of gears, no bondo.
The Bad: Needs new top ( frame is good), old canvas top is included but worn, rust on passenger
floor pan, driver side has been repairedMileage is not actual.
Aside from the cosmetic defects, its a cheap little red roadster. More fun than a miata and cheaper than just about anything. First bid wins it and takes it home.
Feel free to make offers, and if you have any questions please message or call 888-716-5333
We accept the following payment methods:
- Cashier's Check/money order (subject to clear)
- Bank wire transfer
- Cash (in person)
- Personal check (subject to clear) Vehicle Pickup & Shipping
All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility.
- All checks of any kind are subject to clear
- If you want to inspect the car you may do so by setting an appt BEFORE bidding
- Notice to Bidders: All of the vehicles we list on are for sale locally. We reserve the right to end an auction early.
- Deposit: We require a non-refundable $500 deposit within 48 hours of winning the auction. Please call to make arrangements for payment.
- Make sure you have approval of parent, wife, cpa or whomever else may matter before bidding.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||GHN5UD304052G||Mileage:||40000|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Drive Type:||RWD|
|Exterior Color:||Red||Fuel Type:||Gasoline|
|Interior Color:||Black||For Sale By:||Private Seller|
|Number of Cylinders:||4|