eBay THE OVERVIEW
Offered for an appreciating new owner just in time for the new year is this classic 1976 BMW 2002 two-door sedan!
Finished in Laguna Seca Blue over black, this last year of the classic 2002 features a good running 2.0 liter inline four cylinder engine mated to the rare factory 3 speed automatic transmission with stopping power provided by front disc and rear drum brakes. The five-digit odometer shows 89,656 miles but the actual mileage is TMU [true mileage unknown] This unique double 02 features the factory original crank sunroof, air conditioning with correct console, vent wing windows, cloth reclining front seats, unique wheels with near new rubber. It is being sold with clean and clear California title and current 2019 registration.
This is a fabulous find, for about the cost of THE SALES TAX ALONE ON A NEW BASE LEVEL 3 SERIES!
THE BODY AND TRIM
This exterior of this 1976 BMW 2002a is fair condition overall. The very GOOD news is that this forty three year-old classic '02 is in structurally dry, clean rust-free condition with near-flawless shock towers front and rear. This is VERY important on these cars! The Laguna Seca blue paint [or a very close proximity to that color] is very low-budget over the original Arkitsblau finish. As you can see, the nose is banged up, there is missing trim with some exposed holes and painted over accordian bumper extensions. It is presentable overall with an isolated bubbling area below the right side window along with assorted nicks, scratches and other cosmetic blemishes.
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this '76 BMW is in fair condition overall with nice original steering wheel, original carpets, reupholstered front seats, original un-cut door panels, working lights, blinkers and horn and factory sunroof. Many imperfections inside this car include faded original carpet, heat cracks on the original dash, stiff sunroof cables, non-working heater blower motor, tattered original headliner fabric andrear seat top section and more. With all it's patina, this is still one groovy classic German cockpit!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1976 '02 starts easily with strong running engine, nice exhaust note properly shifting transmission and solid braking. The steering is quite tight and the suspension is solid and free from rattles or clunking with very good tracking. This old double '02 is still a cool attention-getting classic cruiser! T est drive videos here: here and here
THE DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1976 BMW is being sold with clear and clean California title AND current registration. PLEASE NOTE: This car can ONLY be sold to a NON-California resident. It will be sold AS IS WHERE IS with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. I invite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements [buyer pays costs]. I recommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder please call 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in 2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due via CASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within 5 days of auction close thank you.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
AND..I ALSO have a few other classic Bimmers in my little collection. Package deal on two or more! Even better deal for ALL of them!
1. 1977 Hardy and Beck TURBO 4 speed 113k miles. $9,977
2. 1990 silver blue E30 325i 5 speed sedan $8,990
3. 1998 silver on grey BMW M3 5 speed slicktop sedan $10,998
4. 2005 330i ZHP sedan. $4,250
5. 1994 BMW 318is two-door. ONE-OWNER only 80k Miles! $4,994
|“UNIQUE LAST-YEAR CLASSIC 1976 BMW E10 2002 AUTOMATIC WITH FACTORY SUNROOF & A/C!” |
| Year: || 1976 || VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): || 2392293 |
| Mileage: || 86654 || Number of Cylinders: || 4 |
| Make: || BMW || Transmission: || AUTOMATIC |
| Model: || 2002 || Warranty: || Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty |
| Trim: || E10 || Vehicle Title: || Clear |
| Engine: || 2.0 LITER || Fuel Type: || Gasoline |
| Drive Type: || REAR WHEEL || For Sale By: || Private Seller |
| Disability Equipped: || No || Exterior Color: || BLUE |
| Drive Side: || Left-hand drive || Interior Color: || BLACK |