eBay 1976 Fiat 124 Spider 1800cc in EXCELLENT condition!
I purchase this little Italian convertible in July 2016 and have enjoyed it tremendously as my fun vehicle, consisting mostly of weekend jaunts and runs to the local supermarkets, as well as one long distance trip from Orlando FL to Deal's Gap / Tail of the Dragon on the TN/NC border (the last photo was captured on the Tail of the Dragon in Aug 2016). I have accumulated about 3,500 miles since purchase and the upkeep has been very reasonable.
The car was originally sold in Massachusetts in 1976 and then soon relocated to Florida. The previous owner was a long time resident of the Florida Keys and this car has been in Florida for over 30 years, which has helped to keep it virtually rust-free, except for some surface rust on the muffler and fading of some chrome bits. I also had my mechanic sand blast the bottom of the car to remove any surface rust after my purchase.
Some noteworthy positives of this car include:
1. Strong-running 4-cylinder engine, paired with dual-carbs installed by previous owner.
2. Disk brakes on all four wheels, including upgraded larger vented disk brakes on the front (installed in early 2017 after my trip to Tail of the Dragon), which improves the stopping power significantly over the stock version.
3. Very easy to operate canvas top, which was new when installed by the previous owner before I purchased the car in 2016.
4. All gauges/lights/signals have been recently sorted and are in good working order.
5. Odometer works properly and the mileage shown is just over 45K.
6. Great sound from the ANSA sports exhaust.
7. Ease of maintenance - other than a replacement fuel pump, I have not had any mechanical failure of any kind during my ownership. All other repairs have been regular oil/fluid changes and upgrades on account of personal preference.
8. Fun and nimble - because of its small size, the car is very maneuverable (whether in traffic or on a twisty mountain course).
9. Original factory wheels (Cromodoras) in great shape. Full size spare with brand new tire included.
10. Virtually brand new tires with plenty of tread.
11. Brand new battery (installed Jan 2019).
12. A thick folder of repair receipts and maintenance log, including a hand-written record of all the work done by a previous owner dating back to 1976!
Some minor imperfections of this car are:
1. Heater is not hooked up. This has never been an issue for me as I live in Florida.
2. Radio is also not hooked up, though it does look original from 1976. I personally prefer the great exhaust note of this car over any music while driving.
3. Paint is 7 out of 10 - it remains presentable in its current state, but it is not perfect and has minor scratches from being 43 years old. That said, unless you are very picky about appearance, you won't need to respray this car for at least a few more years.
4. There is a small rip in the backseat, which is never used (other than as extra storage space) in a car of this size.
5. The car currently only has one sideview mirror on the left hand side, which is perfectly adequate and adds to its retro look; but if you need a mirror on the right hand side, it can be purchased cheaply from any one of the handful of Fiat-specialty parts suppliers (e.g. Vickauto, Midwest Bayless, FiatPlus, etc.)
6. No AC - this is probably a positive as no one should reasonably expect any AC unit from the 1970's to still work today. After all, this is a convertible and is meant to be enjoyed with the top down and natural ventilation:)
The car comes with a clean Florida title and a bucket of spare parts that I inherited from the previous owner. This car is perfect for someone who is just getting into the hobby of vintage cars - it is simple to work on, parts are plentiful and cheap, and the mechanicals are very robust (contrary to what one might have heard about FIATs). I am confident that the right buyer will enjoy this car as much as I have and look forward to sending her to a great new home.
Please see the following YouTube videos for more information:
Walk-around Video: here
I’m selling to make room for another vintage vehicle I just purchased. All reasonable offers welcome! SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS. Please message me with any questions. Thank you for looking.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||124CS10102377||Mileage:||45913|
|Number of Cylinders:||4||Make:||Fiat|
|Body Type:||Convertible||Engine:||Dual Carb|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Vehicle Title:||Clear|
|Exterior Color:||Black||For Sale By:||Private Seller|
|Interior Color:||Red||Drive Side:||Left-hand drive|