1984 (build October 1983) Euro-spec / German 308 Quattrovalvole – Red / Tan
3-owner car with 59,225 miles / 90,000km
I purchased the car in October 2001 and 17 years later, it’s time to entrust her in the hands of another owner.
I’m sure I’ve overlooked some details, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
o Two (2) full 3-ring binders of all ownership and maintenance records back to original owner, including the cars’ US Federalization, and, German registration dating back to 1983.
o The interior is all original and has never been re-dyed
o The car retains its original factory-ordered black leather dash
o Upgraded to Birdman fusebox when I purchased the car
o AC is functional, just not charged. It was purged when I did the last full-service in 2012.
o A Personal alcantera steering wheel is currently fitted to the car. The original Momo steering wheel is packaged for safe keeping and obviously comes with the car.
o In the pursuit of originality, a radio-delete plate was installed in 2016
o 16” OEM factory wheels (refinished) + original set of TRX 390 wheels
o Comes with the 105 Dino spare wheel which is in great condition
Interior:The interior is in good condition for a vehicle of this age. Three blemishes should be called out however. (1) The piping on the driver's seat [top left corner] is showing as well as the piping on the passenger seat near the seat-belt mechanism. (2) The leather dash has shrunk and pulled away from the kidney vents on both sides. Since the leather is original to the car, I’ve been unsure on how to best handle this issue. (3) The previous owner installed speakers behind the headrests which leaves small mounting holes in the fabric. This has been on the list to repair, but I just haven’t been able to get to it.
The aftermarket stereo was removed and replaced with a radio-delete plate.
Otherwise, the interior is in good condition. The carpets are original and in very good condition. The original steering wheel is in great condition which I’ve removed and stored to ensure it stays in its current condition. All gauge crystals are clear as expected; the clock lens is hazy as are most which haven’t been replaced.
Exterior:The paint is in overall very good condition for its age. There are several areas of the car which have been repainted: (1) by previous owner - near windshield, you can see some overspray / masking. (2) during my ownership - the rear bonnet was repaired and repainted when someone backed into the car in a parking lot. While this was being repaired, I had the front spoiler and underside also repainted.
The mesh coverings over the oil cooler and airbox intakes (required by the German government) are in excellent condition and original to the car.
The fiberglass bumpers, front & rear, are in very good condition. They’ve been removed, cleaned, and reinstalled.
Mechanical:The car starts right up and idles steady @~900RPM. A fresh battery was installed early October. The car shifts through the gears smoothly. All lights (headlights, taillights, turn signals, parking lights and door lights) function as they should. The windows work well, but sometimes are a little slow if the car hasn’t been used / driven in a while.
Recent Services (within last 2-3 years)
- (2012) Full service with all seals, cambelts, tensioner bearing, plugs, gaskets, etc. Approximately 3200 miles have been logged since this service. I’m working to complete another service as this is posted.
- (2018) New battery
- (2018) Cooling system hose R&R
- (12/2017) Gearbox fluid replaced
- (2017) New Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires (~400 miles since new)
- (2017) Refinished wheels
- (2017) New tie rod ends & alignment
- (2015) Original Koni’s shipped to Truchoice for new seals & rebuild
- 3 sets of keys + Ferrari keyfobs
- Original Nieman ignition key
- Original pouch & all books / manuals / cards
- Complete tool kit + spark plug swivel socket
- Complete jack kit
- Original fuel cap
- Targa roof vinyl cover
- Emergency light & bag
- Copies of Euro Owner’s Manual, Spare Parts Catalog, and Workshop Manual
- Reflective triangle & case
- Battery strap
- All electronic files of maintenance & ownership records and pictures
Spare Parts & Tools
- Baldwin B253 Oil Filters (4)
- Oil & gearbox fluid copper crush washers (8)
- Fuel Filter (1)
- Spare Euro muffler
- Original TRX 390 wheels (4)
- Window felt (New!)
- Used tie-rod ends (pair)
- Used euro coils (pair)
- Windshield wiper arms (pair)
- Timing cables / sensors (3)
- Original rubber brake lines (removed when I upgraded to Goodridge)
- Used Rear decklid struts (pair)
- Spark plug cables (originals - full set)
- Brand New license plate lamp covers (pair)
- (tool) Steering wheel nut 4-prong socket
- (tool) Drop-down gear nut 4-prong socket
- Many spare fuses and relays
- Many other parts
|“Interior and exterior are in very good condition for its age. Extremely well maintained. All records back to original owner. Too many spare parts to list.” |
| Year: || 1984 || VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): || 00000000000000000 |
| Mileage: || 59225 || Body Type: || Coupe |
| Make: || Ferrari || Warranty: || Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty |
| Model: || 308 || Vehicle Title: || Clear |
| Engine: || 3 Liter || Options: || Leather Seats |
| Drive Type: || RWD || Power Options: || Air Conditioning, Power Windows |
| Fuel Type: || Gasoline || Exterior Color: || Red |
| For Sale By: || Private Seller || Interior Color: || Tan |
| Disability Equipped: || No || Number of Cylinders: || 8 |
| Drive Side: || Right-hand drive || Transmission: || Manual |