CAR DETAILED AND NEW PHOTOS ADDED JUNE 5, 2019
I am the fourth owner of this 25-year old classic Volvo 960 Wagon. This is my personal vehicle and has been my daily driver for about three years. The car is in very good condition, is accident free, and the body and undercarriage is completely rust free.
The power leather seats are in very good condition, except for a little wear on the driver's seat, look mostly new. The dash has no cracks or fading, and the burled walnut is in great condition. The headliner appears like new. For most of its life this has been a non-smoker vehicle.
All power options, including the seats, doors, windows, mirrors, etc function as expected with exceptions noted below. The car appears to be all original (even all the glass is branded Volvo) with the exception of an aftermarket radio. The car has been very well maintained through its life.
During my ownership I have had the following services performed—
• Replaced all brake rotors and pads (Oct 2016)
• K&N Air filter
• New Sachs hood shocks ( Oct 2016)
• Replaced outer tie rods and sway bar links / ball joints (Feb 2017)
• Complete timing belt kit and cam seals replaced (at 150,000 miles)
• Front and Rear main oil seals replaced
• New Volvo brand spark plugs (most recent earlier this year)
• Replaced PNP (park-neutral-position) switch with Volvo part
• Replaced shifter bushings
• New Bosch fuel filter
• Flushed cooling system and refilled with PentoFrost NF
• New thermostat
• Fuel injector o-rings replaced (May 2019)
• Transmission fluid flushed with full synthetic (Summer 2018)
• Complete brake fluid flush with fresh DOT 4 (May 2019)
• Oil has been changed every 5000 miles with full synthetic Mobile1
The previous owner was clearly a Volvo enthusiast and cared for the car, and apparently upgraded the car to include heavy-duty sway bars and bushings; as a result, there is very little body roll, the car is tight and handles corners amazingly well.
I have all maintenance records going back about 6 years. Records also indicate that all shocks were replaced with Sachs gas shocks around 2013
Two keys are included with the car. Also included in the original owners manual in the original leather pouch.
The car runs fine and has no known fluid leaks. I routinely attain 21-22 mpg no matter whether on the highway or backroads.
This car is not a garage queen. It has been a daily driver since it was new. As such, there are a few issues, none that seem major.
• The driver's power seat works, however, there is something lodged in the right track (most likely a coin) which prevents the seat from moving. The left side of the driver's seat wants to move, the right track is blocked by whatever. This is a new development and short of physically removing the seat to clean the tracks, I cannot even see the tracks because it's so tight in that area. A little frustrating but fixable.
• While the air conditioning works fine and has the modern coolant, the system has an apparent vacuum issue which prevents air flow from the upper ducts. It blows cold air to your feet only, which on a hot summer day isn't enough on short trips in town to cool you down. On longer road trips the a/c will eventually cool the entire large passenger cabin. I have researched this issue and see that this is a common problem for this model and related models (740, 940 and 960 share a similar issue). While a common problem, there seems to be no common solution, and the local Volvo techs simply were not interested in even diagnosing the issue. I do not have the mechanical or diagnostic skills to tackle this issue.
• While I was cleaning and detailing the car to get ready for this auction, I had intended to clean and lubricate the moonroof tracks. I discovered two torx screws, washers and mounting plate laying loose in the driver's side moonroof track (see photos). While the moonroof still works and opens fine, clearly these parts have some function and I could not see where they came from. As a precaution I haven't opened the moonroof since (about a week ago). This is something the new owner will want to look at. The loose parts are in a labeled envelope in the glovebox.
• The driver's side door hinge/strap (the stiff spring which holds the door open) is broken (see pics). The door works fine, it just won't hold open. This Volvo part is readily available from online sources such as fcpeuro.
Overall, this Volvo is in very good condition for its age. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will answer as best as I can. This is a private party AS-IS sale with no warranty. You are welcome to conduct your own pre-purchase inspections if you want. The car is insured and tagged so you're welcome to test drive it if you're in the upstate SC area.
I am requiring a non-refundable $500 PayPal deposit with 48 hours of sale, with balance due by wire transfer to my bank (instructions to be provided) within 10 days of sale. Buyer must make his/her own arrangements for transport, and I can assist in that process (for example, meeting the transport company, etc).
This car is in excellent driving condition and you would have no problems driving it across country, just change the oil before hitting the road, it's about due :)
NEW PICS TAKEN AND ADDED 6-5-2019
Many thanks for looking.
|“Fourth owner, well maintained with some records, no accidents, zero rust. Very few dings and pings for its age.” |
| Year: || 1994 || VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): || YV1KW950XR1017667 |
| Mileage: || 179600 || Warranty: || Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty |
| Make: || Volvo || Vehicle Title: || Clear |
| Model: || 960 || Options: || CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof |
| Drive Type: || RWD || Safety Features: || Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag |
| Power Options: || Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats || Exterior Color: || Silver |
| Fuel Type: || Gas || Number of Cylinders: || 6 |
| For Sale By: || Private Seller || Transmission: || Automatic |
| Disability Equipped: || No || Body Type: || Wagon |